Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dirty laundry

I finally have to admit that I am a grown-up. Not because I'm married. Not because I have four kids. Not because I pay my bills on time (most of the time). Nope. I know I'm a grown-up because I now get excited about my appliances. I didn't used to. When we moved into the house we now live in, we got a new refrigerator and dishwasher, and because we wanted the 'industrial kitchen' look, we got stainless. I really liked them. They looked nice and clean and new. I still like them. Love them, actually. They keep my food fresh and clean my dishes. Two very important things in my life. And the sanitize setting on the dishwasher meant I didn't have to boil bottles, nipples and pacifiers before my babies could use them, I could just throw them in the dishwasher and press "Sanitize." It's a beautiful thing. Still, I wasn't clap-my-hands and jump-up-and-down excited.

Today I am clap-my-hands and jump-up-and-down excited. Today our new washing machine and dryer are being delivered and I can't wait. Our old ones were here when we moved in and I think they were probably the original appliances put in the house, which is about 35 years old. Maybe it would be normal for me to be all excited about it if they were some of those fancy newfangled ones with the sexy curves and round windows that sit up on pedestal drawers, because who wouldn't be excited about those? (See the pictures? Exciting, no?) But no, those puppies are too darn expensive, and I'm just doing regular old laundry, none of those several thousand dollar red carpet numbers or anything. Nope, I'm excited about the regular old, plain jane, white Whirlpools that I picked out at Lowes.












Tomorrow, I'll talk about my coffee-maker.

No comments: