Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More randomness

  • This is my shirt:

    Why don't people believe me?

  • A bad thing about having 5 females with long amazing hair, okay 4 females with long amazing hair and me with thin flat hair, in the house is how often the drains get clogged. Also how fast that little spinning brush thingy in the vacuum cleaner stops working because there is so much hair wrapped around it. Okay, TWO bad things.

  • My husband attended a catered meeting at work and brought home a big container of chicken salad that no one had eaten because there was too much other stuff. I packed some for Meg's lunch today. Then, I was spooning some out for myself and found a BAND-AID that looked like it had been wrapped around someone's finger. GROSS!!! And EWWWWWW!!! And DISGUSTING!!! I had to email the teacher in whose room Meg eats lunch to tell her to throw her lunch away. I also called my husband to tell him to tell whoever hired the caterer to never use them again. I'm still gagging. I don't think I'll ever eat chicken salad again. And damn it, I LIKE chicken salad. Or used to anyway.

11 comments:

Alice said...

i'm so bad about that sort of thing. i probably would have chucked the bandaid and kept eating. this is what comes from growing up at a hippy school...

Pickles and Dimes said...

That shirt is awesome. I want one for myself now.

EWWWWWWWWWW about the bandaid. That's...just wrong.

Shelly said...

I LOVE that t-shirt. Brilliant.

And while I think the Band-Aid story is gross, I'm more on Alice's end of the spectrum. I don't get too upset over hair in food or things like that. The Band-Aid is a bit much, though.

LoriD said...

I need that shirt!

We have the same hair issue. Gross.

Nowheymama said...

*gagging*

Anonymous said...

Yigh to the band-aid!

And I have two boys and we still have the same problem with clogged drains.

Chantal said...

EWWWWWW that is terrible. I am gagging just thinking of it!

Mary O said...

Oh disgust! That is the grossest thing ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Just reading that totally grossed me out. Like someone didn't know that they lost a BAND-AID somewhere?!?!

Astarte said...

Ugh, I am waaay behind, too. I'm trying to catch up, but then more and more things appear in my reader!!!!

GROSS, bandaids!!!! Oh, that is SO WRONG. YUCK.

the new girl said...

OMG you gave me a FLASHBACK to when I worked in a restaurant and a kid found a BAND-AID in his GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH and when I went into the back, to TAN THE COOK'S HIDE, he was all like, 'Hey! I wondered where that went!'

GGGGAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG!