Thursday, April 30, 2009

Conversation with my sister-in-law

I was speaking to the only one of my sisters-in-law to whom I've explained the entire leaving my old blog situation. Some of you know what I am talking about, some don't. To those who don't, I apologize. Suffice it to say that there are some in-laws who do not like me. At all. In fact, my family has been removed from their family's Christmas card list. That's as bad as it gets, right? ;)

Anyway, a wedding is coming up this summer, and it could possibly be the first time I'll see the other parties involved in the situation since the situation occurred (assuming I don't see them at one possible time prior). I recently did a small favor for my sister-in-law and was talking on the phone with her:

Me: So now you owe me.

SIL: Yeah? What do you want?

Me: I want any necessary rescuing or protection at the wedding. Don't let anyone punch me in the nose.

SIL: Oh I won't let anyone punch you in the nose.

Me: You can be my bodyguard. {pause} I can call you Al. No, wait. You can call me Al. I'll call you Betty.

SIL (laughing): Bye.

Me: See ya, Betty.

11 comments:

Flibberty said...

Weddings. They are simply fodder for family drama. Oh, and a celebration of love, but whatever.

Shelly said...

HAHAHA!!! That is such a great song.

And I hope things go well at the wedding. I know how sucky it is to see family with whom you have tension.

Jen's Farmily said...

hee hee. I love that song too!!

Maybe you should work on your 'duck and jab'. Get someone ELSE in the nose!

Jess said...

Oh, that wedding sounds like all kinds of awkward. At least you have an ally.

Whimsy said...

Methinks that everyone needs a Betty, especially at a wedding.

The last family wedding I attended (the little brother's) resulted in my husband driving me around the Walmart parking lot in Logan, Utah; trying to give me time to calm down and stop crying about how my sister MADE ME SOOOOOOOOOO MAD. When we finally got back to my parents' house, we had to break in through the backdoor because they had thought everyone was home for the night.

I'm still having flashbacks.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I have had that song in my head for TWO WEEKS. No Joke.

Astarte said...

OMG, WHAT did you DO?!?! Or, probably more accurately, what did you SAY?! Wow!!!!

Is it a big wedding? Or maybe you can hide behind a plant. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, who can be your long lost pal?

Good luck and make sure you tell us how the wedding goes!

Alice said...

oh man. family drama! the best! eesh. :-(

i hope betty protects you well :-)

Jason, as himself said...

I just hate this kind of stuff. Good luck!

Susiewearsthepants said...

Good luck and remember, your blog peeps have your back. Well as much as we can anyway.