Friday, January 9, 2009

Where to begin?

My mother left this morning, and so now that all the holidays and birthdays are done for a while, I am going to try to have a more consistent presence here and in your comment sections (yes, I mean YOURS). And by a more consistent presence I mean that I will do better than my recent 4 month absence, but don't expect miracles. There aren't as many or as long naps happening around here and I'm trying (only SLIGHTLY successfully) to keep on top of the clutter, which is tough around here with four kids who have apparently NEVER heard of putting anything away, so I will probably still be an erratic poster and commenter, but give me credit for trying.

Who else has yet to finish putting away holiday decorations? Anyone? Bueller? Just me then? OK, how 'bout individual piles of Christmas or Hanukkah (2 Ks, 1 N, NOT 2 Ns, 1 K like I always try first) loot scattered about the living room? Also just me? OK then moving on...

I'm trying to figure out how to cover the months I missed, and I'm not sure how to begin. I read A LOT, so I have quite a few reviews to write for at least the books I can remember reading. The others will just fall through the cracks. Maybe I'll do a brief overview for each month, then additional posts for any events or happenings that need more detail, then I'll tackle the book reviews a few at a time while I get back into what will likely be an erratic yet more often posting schedule. So if I can get back here later today, I will give you "September Synopsis." Otherwise, look for it next week sometime. I'd say Monday, but then I'd have a deadline, and OH THE PRESSURE...

8 comments:

Fiona Picklebottom said...

By the way, I am NOT currently reading "The Kite Runner" as it shows in my sidebar. I finished that LONG AGO, but have not had a chance to change it. I will try to do so at some vague and undetermined point in the near or distant future, I AM currently reading "Plum Island" by Nelson DeMille.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

That should have been a period after the word "future" in my last comment.

Nowheymama said...

We'll be glad to hear from you whenever.

(My Christmas decorations are in diaper boxes in our upstairs hallway, waiting to be packed up properly and really put away.)

Jess said...

Our Christmas tree is still in the apartment, fully decorated. We are pretending that this is not a problem by turning the lights on every night and continuing to enjoy its presence.

Tess said...

I'm definitely interested in the book reviews.

And Plum Island was the first DeMille book I ever read. It's good, but I think others of his are better.

LoriD said...

I haven't even STARTED to put away the Christmas decorations. My (Jewish!) husband insists that they stay up until Little Christmas (January 6), so the taking down and putting away will happen this weekend.

Chantal said...

I have all my decorations (tree and all) still up. My mom chastised me last night but I decided not to care. They will come down when I have the time. And not a minute before! :)

Alice said...

my mantle is still sporting garlands, lights, and xmas cards. and i still have the bag of goodies sitting in my bedroom that i brought back with me from nj. so... yeah :-)